Inspection Report - 'Outstanding' and 'Excellent'
We were delighted with the findings of the November 2015 Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) Report.
ISI is a Government-approved body responsible for the inspection of schools in membership of the Associations that make up the Independent Schools Council. These schools are ranked among the best in the world and educate more than half a million children in 1,200 institutions. ISI inspects every aspect of the provision in ISC schools.
In summary, the headlines are as follows:
The quality of pupils' achievement and learning
- In the EYFS, children of all abilities and needs are active learners and make excellent progress in relation to their starting points.
- In the Prep and Senior departments pupils' attitudes to learning are outstanding, supported by a broad and balanced curriculum, leading to pupils' excellent progress.
- Achievement in a wide variety of sporting, performance and creative extracurricular activities is excellent, and often outstanding.
The quality of pastoral care
- Pupils in all year groups have an excellent standard of personal development and this is strongly supported by excellent pastoral care.
- Pupils show a well-developed sense of right and wrong and a deep social awareness.
- Relationships amongst pupils and between teacher and pupil are a real strength of the school, ensuring an excellent level of communication which supports and encourages every pupil.
The quality of governance, leadership and management
- The governing council know the school well across all year groups, and effectively contribute to the support and monitoring of its work.
- Communication with parents and arrangements for reporting pupils' progress are strong.
- Excellent and highly effective leadership and management are supported by frequent reflective and informed analysis.