The EHS Eco-Code
The Eco-Schools programme is an international initiative designed to encourage whole-school action for the environment. It is a recognised award scheme that accredits schools who make a commitment to continuously improve their environmental performance.
It is also a learning resource that raises awareness of environmental and sustainable development issues throughout activities linked to curricular areas.
The aim of the Eco-Schools programme is to make environmental awareness and action an intrinsic part of the life and ethos of the school for both pupils and for staff, and to engage the wider community.
The Eco-Schools programme can help schools to:
- Improve the school's environment
- Reduce litter and waste
- Reduce energy and water use
- Devise efficient was of travelling to and from school
- Promote healthy lifestyles
- Encourage active citizenship
- Build strong partnerships with a variety of community groups
- Develop international and global links
Senior School Eco-Code is GREEN
Preparatory School Eco-Code is PLANET