EHS Senior School
The Senior School aims to provide a learning environment which allows individual girls to reach their personal best in a wide range of ways: in maximising their academic achievement, in developing their personal qualities, in providing opportunities for them to grow as responsible members of a community and in encouraging their creative and flexible thinking.
- We are proud of our history and traditions, but also responsive to change and forward-thinking.
- We provide a broad, balanced and flexible curriculum which is regularly reviewed.
- We have high expectations and support each girl to meet them by monitoring her individual progress with the best possible pastoral care.
- We encourage girls to develop confidence - in themselves as individuals as well as in their abilities.
- We work in an atmosphere where girls can be happy and relaxed, but at the same time concerned for others and self-disciplined.
- We seek to develop qualities and skills that will prepare girls for a changing future: a capacity for life-long and independent learning, skills in accessing information, flexibility in outlook, creative capability, independence of mind and the ability to communicate well.
- We enrich and extend the curriculum by providing opportunities for a wide range of activities both within the classroom and outside that cater for all interests and abilities.
Dr Ruth A Weeks BSc Hons PhD