Founded in 1876, Edgbaston High School is Birmingham's oldest independent school for girls.
Conveniently located in a leafy suburb of Edgbaston with close access to the city, we provide a 21st century education based on traditional values. We are a lively, happy, caring community in which every girl is valued as an individual: every facet of her abilities and talents is carefully considered and developed.
Our aim is to provide the highest quality of education for girls at every stage of their development. We want girls to be so stimulated and challenged during their time here that they not only meet but exceed expectations. Those expectations combine the many successes of academic and extracurricular life with high personal standards of integrity, care and commitment.
In a purposeful atmosphere for learning, personal and academic growth are enhanced by the richness of opportunity offered through a broad and progressive curriculum and stimulating extracurricular programme.
We have strong community links within the leafy oasis of the Calthorpe Estate, in particular, West House Independent Preparatory School for Boys, which has occupied the same site on St James Road since its foundation in 1895. West House operate a minibus shuttle service to assist families with children at both EHS and West House School. For more information, visit their website www.westhouseprep.com
'Committed and compassionate leadership at all levels successfully conveys a clear educational vision and direction, enabling the school to achieve its ambitious aims fully'.
Independent Schools Inspectorate 2015